A meeting of the Design Review Panel will be held on 25 June 2019 starting at 6:00 pm in Committee Rooms C & D on the 1st floor in Merton Civic Centre.
i. Items that are at the Pre-Application stage are NOT open to the public. All application numbers ending in NEW, or which are stated as pre-application, are Pre-Application items.
ii. Members of the public are welcome to attend as observers for items that are registered planning applications, but are not allowed to speak. For all other items, the Panel is not open for public attendance.
iii. Council officers and councillors are allowed to attend as observers at pre-application items.
The applications to be considered at this meeting are as follows, with times to be devoted to each item:
6:00pm – 6:15pm – Viewing of display material by Panel members
1. Application, 19/P0825, 12 Hartfield Road, Wimbledon, Case Officer: David Gardener. Ward: Dundonald. Demolition of existing buildings and erection of a nine storey building with additional basement level,
comprising 6,713 sq.m. of offices, with flexible retail and cafe/restaurant at ground and first floor levels and associated works.
The Panel reviewed a previous proposal for a hotel on this site in Jan 2016 (16/P0025/NEW), giving it Amber verdict. Since then another application has also been approved for an office development on the site.
6:15pm – 7:00pm
2. Application, 19/P1196, 17-27 the Broadway, Wimbledon, Case Officer: David Gardener. Ward: Dundonald, Refurbishment of 6 shopfronts including signage, erection of additional roof-top storey to create restaurant/bar/cinema uses.
7:00pm – 7:45pm
The following Development Plan policy considerations are potentially relevant
to the design of each scheme.
|Item 1||Item 2|
|Conservation Area||Yes 1||Yes 3|
|CA Appraisal||Yes 1||Yes 3|
|Listed Building||No||No 4|
|Locally Listed Building||No 2||No|
|Metropolitan Open Land||No||No|
|Nature Conservation or Open Space||No||No|
|Scheduled Ancient Mon.||No||No|
|UDP/LDF Site Proposal||No||No|
1. The annex element of the proposal crosses into Wimbledon Broadway Conservation Area. The rest of the site lies essentially adjacent to its boundary. https://www.merton.gov.uk/planning-andbuildings/conservation-heritage/conservation-areas-list#areaw
2. The rear of locally listed buildings face the site, at 11 The Broadway and 2-6 Hartfield Road.
3. Within Wimbledon Broadway conservation Area https://www.merton.gov.uk/planning-and-buildings/conservationheritage/conservation-areas-list#areaw
4. Directly faces the statutorily listed Town Hall.