Merton TV attended the Clean Air Parents’ Network Reception in Terrace Dining Room at the House of Commons. It was also attended by former Leader of the Labour Party Ed Miliband MP, former Cabinet Minister Maria Miller MP and Wimbledon Stephen Hammond MP along with many more members of parliament and researchers.
Air pollution in the UK is a national health crisis, and it is affecting our children’s health. The Clean Air Parents’ Network are a network for parents and carers that will:
- Promote understanding of the key issues around air pollution
- Provide an insight into how to engage with and influence decision making at a national and local level
- Inspire action through sharing stories, experiences, information, ideas and activities
- Offer resources and support to help you to get involved in whatever way you can
- Make you part of a national network contributing to building pressure for action at a national and local level to tackle illegal and harmful levels of air pollution
The Clean Air Parents’ Network is a project by the British Lung Foundation (registered charity number 326730) and ClientEarth (registered charity number 1053988) to support parents and carers of children across the country who want to help solve the UK’s air pollution crisis. We are calling on all levels of government to take action to tackle illegal and harmful levels of air pollution so our children can grow up breathing cleaner and healthier air.
This is of particular importance to Merton residents as Labour run Merton Council are forcing through plans to place a new School, Harris Academy Wimbledon in a known polluted hotspot identified by Labour London Mayor Sadiq Khan, The Wimbledon Labour Party and our Local Wimbledon MP Stephen Hammond.