Venue: Committee room E – Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden SM4 5DX
The following are invited to the meeting:
Councillor Linda Kirby (Chair)
- Items that are at the Pre-Application stage are NOT open to the public. All application numbers ending in NEW, or which are stated as pre-application, are Pre-Application items.
- Members of the public are welcome to attend as observers for items that are registered planning applications, but are not allowed to speak. For all other items, the Panel is not open for public attendance.
- Council officers and councillors are allowed to attend as observers at pre-application items.
The applications to be considered at this meeting are as follows, with times to be devoted to each item:
6:00pm – 6:15pm – Viewing of display material by Panel members
1. Application, 18/P3787, 271-273 the Broadway, Wimbledon (Confucius), Case Officer: David Gardener. Ward: ABBEY.
Construction of a four storey building with additional basement level consisting of fourteen residential units (3 x 1 bed, 9 x 2 bed and 2 x 3 bed) and commercial unit at ground floor level (use class a1 or b1). Replacing existing 3-storey restaurant and residential accommodation. DRP has not yet reviewed proposals for this site. An application was submitted then withdrawn in 2015 (15/P4612 & 15/P4613), then another submitted in 2016 (16/P3638), refused and lost on appeal (APP/T5720/W/17/3183563). The current proposals are based on this recent site history.
6:15pm – 7:00pm
2. Pre-Application, 18/P3571, 33-39 Upper Green East, Mitcham, Case Officer: Catarina Cheung. Ward: FIGGE’S MARSH.
Demolition of existing 3-storey shop buildings and outbuildings and replacement with new mixed use building comprising a ground floor commercial unit and 27 flats above. No significant planning history. Proposals are an amended version of an initial pre-application meeting.
7:00pm – 7:45pm
3. Pre-Application, 18/P2998, 265 Burlington Road, Shannon Corner (Tesco Office Site), Case Officer: Jonathan Lewis. Ward: WEST BARNES.
Replacement of the existing disused office building and the erection of 450 residential dwellings, commercial accommodation, car parking & associated facilities & landscaping. Previous pre-application 17/P0300 for proposal to build 323 flats, not progressed.
7:45pm – 8:30pm
4. Pre-Application, 18/P3681, 276-288 Kingston Road, Wimbledon Chase (CO-OP Store), Case Officer: Tim Lipscombe. Ward: MERTON PARK.
Demolition of the existing single storey CO-OP food store and surface car park and the erection of new retail floors pace and 34 residential dwellings, including replacement CO-OP store and reduced car parking provision. A pre-application was submitted in 2014 for a similar development of a 5 storey building with commercial ground floor and 29 flats above, but was not progressed.
8:30pm – 9:15pm
The following Development Plan policy considerations are potentially relevant to the design of each scheme.
|Locally Listed Building||No||No||No||No|
|Metropolitan Open Land||No||No||No||No|
|Nature Conservation or|
|Scheduled Ancient Mon.||No||No||No||No|
|UDP/LDF Site Proposal||No||No||No||No|
- Not in a conservation area, but will form the foreground of views into the Cricket Green Conservation Area, which extends almost into the town centre from the south.
- The site fronts the Upper or Fair Green of Micham, which is designated open space and forms the focus of the town centre.